Dear Mayor Sheehan:
We, the undersigned, are residents and voters in the City of Albany. As such, we assert and demand the
1. We assert that the proposed salary raises for a select group of employees in your 2017
budget are unacceptable.
2. We assert that it is unconscionable to propose raises while you continue to state that Albany
is in a financial crisis and while every bargaining unit remains without a contract.
3. We demand that you show fair treatment to our city workers.
4. We demand you withdraw your request for raises in the 2017 budget.
5. We demand that you and members of your administration begin to act in good faith and
negotiate contracts for Albany’s union employees.